Rat poison is extremely dangerous for local wildlife - owls, hawks, eagles, raccoons, and other animals are poisoned when they eat poisoned rodents.
These sick animals need intense supportive care in the first few days, and a regular suite of blood work and medication. At minimum, it takes almost a month before these wild patients are ready for release back in to nature.
The proper treatment starts with a proper diagnosis, which staff can figure out with a specific blood test.
This gift helps a wild animal like this owl get a poison test to guide the care they need at Wild ARC.